Friday, 27 March 2015

Late to the party, again

I had nothing to blog about last week because I made nothing. I'm actually glad that I spent a week slouching around since my projects have just doubled.

It seems Miniature.com have drafted in some people from around the globe to do a spot of blogging and kit bashing and I am one of the lucky few. HBS kindly sent me a Denise's City Cottage kit, the one offered for the 22nd Creatin Contest, in exchange for some build-a-long posts. There are a limited number of kits left in stock so if you fancy a challenge, I would order one soon.

I'm thrilled to be taking part, in the build that is, not the contest. Obviously the contest is reserved for those who have purchased the kit and rightly so. I intend to continue with the large room box, (which I have named The Mill, so I can keep track of which build I'm talking about), and the City Cottage kit which I've named Fenton Lodge.

So first off, Fenton Lodge arrived in one piece, which is a bonus. There are two types of parcel that arrive from abroad - those that are well packaged and those that are damaged. I'm happy to say mine was the former. The instructions are easy enough to follow and the kit was dry fit within an hour. I don't know if I should divulge that I'm pretty good at constructing IKEA furniture so I may be batting with an advantage. I intend to keep the build within the 20 x 20" base and I won't be adding any height to it. The inspiration for Fenton Lodge comes from watching Tiny House Nation, which has recently aired here in the UK. Small living spaces...I think that's pretty apt, don't you?

So a few of my inspiration photos from the net -


I won't be copying these tiny houses outright, just taking elements from them. A few bloggers have said the same thing about the Denise's City Cottage kit; that it looks modern. I think the curved roof lends itself to modern style. Asymmetric roofs are often a design feature of contemporary architecture.


 
Multifunction areas and dual purpose furniture are a must too.

This is going to be fun
Pepper =0)


33 comments:

  1. Si eres muy buena en muebles Ikea, seguro que te va a quedar estupendo.
    Un abrazo
    Maite

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I love tiny cottages/houses. I am looking forward to watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems interesting. I'm waiting for your new ideas. Hugs, Melli

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree - this is going to be fun for sure... and even more for me. I've just written in a comment on Elizabeth's blog that I'm looking forward to sit comfy on my computer chair watching what she's going to do with her kit - and now I can stay a little longer on my chair and also enjoy to see what you're going to do with yours! Lucky me! *grin*

    Greetings
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be a reward for following your blog. I'd love to see your inspiring progress on this project.
    Have fun doing it.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo!!! Glad you're in the mix! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're dong the HBS build with us!! Have you noticed that there are quite a few of us modernists! That first picture would be soooooo cool! That roof line would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I wonder if HBS thought because it looks modern, lets see what the modernists can do with it =0)

      Delete
  8. Can't wait to see what you do with this kit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Makes me want to dig out my building tools and join you! But first things first, need to accomplish a priority miniature food goal; hopefully that'll be over in May :^)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in love with your first inspiration photo. I realize it's only a possible inspiration, but the geometry of the roof combined with modern house beneath is breathtakingly revolutionary. I look forward to your, always. meticulous and beautiful build!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This will be a fun project, it's a great challenge!! I can't wait to see more of it, I love tiny rooms and houses :)!
    Have a nice weekend.
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here we go! Another fun project! Hold on to your hats! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooooook! me rikeys, and eagerly await more updates :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay!!! I was wondering if they were going to ask you too...that's awesome! So many admired Mini Bloggers are doing this build-a-long...can't wait to see what you do with it. I am considering adding my name to the list. This is exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Pepper! I LOVE your inspiration photos! I however, never have any luck with Ikea furniture, so there is no telling what mine will turn out like! hahaha
    My daughter likes to watch that Tiny House show too. It's all about efficient space planning isn't it, and I DO so like the way that YOU plan YOUR spaces! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic shots to inspire a unique and amazing build by you! I await to see what direction it will take and am curious to see what I might learn 😊

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! This is such a grand project.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooo Pepper! I really, really like that first inspiration picture! I sure hope you find a way to use that roofline on your new kit! I can just see it now.

    Enjoy the new kit, waiting anxiously for the first installment!

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the first picture...can't wait for your interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aw you'll have great fun doing that up. Love the inspiration pics, light and airy. Can't wait to see how it progresses, I know you'll do a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Pepper,
    I can't wait to see your project taker shape. You have great ideas and inspiration.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  22. The tiny house movement has definitely hit the miniature house building community - I am currently working on one using the Dolls House Emporium Cabin Kit so I am really looking forward to seeing how your approach your project. I'll bet it turns out far better than mine, but it will be inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww don't say that Sarah. I'm sure your creation will be as good as anyone's. It's about creating something unique and personal after all =0)

      Delete
  23. Happy Birthday!!!! I love your inspiration pics and can't wait to see what you bash out of this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you all for the messages of encouragement =0D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooh, I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OOOOhhhh, I can't wait to see what you will do with this kit! I am seeing it popping up on a lot of blogs, so it will be fun to see the different directions people take it! Thank Heavens they didn't ask me.... I have too many projects already! LOL! (Gosh, talk about Late to the Party....!!!! Ha!) It is really going to be fun to watch this project!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fun, and congrats on being selected. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  28. I can't wait to see what you do. I love your inspiration photos.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'll be watching this beauty come together. Go Pepper, Go!

    ReplyDelete