Saturday, 28 February 2015

Late again

I realise that my finish it off Friday posts are getting later but I blame the gloomy skies for this one. Photographs taken under artificial light rarely come out well for me and I really wanted to do the very best I could for what I am about to show you. Late last year I offered to pick up a few items from the Kensington Dollshouse Festival for the very lovely and very talented Sarah from Amber's House. In return, Sarah made me some items for my shed and future scenes. I won't wax lyrical about how talented she is, the pictures will no doubt furnish you with the evidence of her skill. I wanted to show you and thank Sarah again for her generosity. If you haven't been to her site, click the link above and settle down for a treat.

A bird box with nest and tiny eggs inside

two beautiful cushions

This, unbelievably, is made from card and painted.

'Rubin' the Robin. His beak is actually open! How freakin amazing is that?

More items made with card and weathered with paint

Yup, card and metal. The realism is awesome!

Soldered baskets

A woven and a soldered basket

See how tiny this is compared with the blades of grass?

A Bonsai tree

Fantastic plants

love the texture and colour of these beads.

Extremely fine bead perfume bottles


A card suitcase with delicate paper lining
Sarah kindly offers tutorials on the things she makes. Go on, take a look. You'll be amazed

I'm going to spend the afternoon playing with my new gifts.
Have a wonderful weekend

Pepper =0)

23 comments:

  1. What creative and wonderful gifts. I have known how talented Amber is. I follow her blog. I won one of her giveaways, a wonderful ring of old keys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsers!!! Marvelously talented! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Sarah's work is simply amazing. I' swooning over the tiny robin and everything else is so beautifully crafted.
    I'm one of Sarah's followers and always enjoy reading and visiting her blog. Enjoy all.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Que trabajos tan bonitos, Robin, maravilloso, la llave antigua, el bonsái..todo estupendo, te felicito.
    Un abrazo
    Maite

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always been a Great Fan of Sarah's and with good cause, as all of these INCREDIBLE photos you have taken, have testified to. Her Great Talents are MANY and everything that she has ever shown with regard to her miniature work, is TOP DRAWER ALL THE WAY!
    My Congratulations to you Pepper, I envy you your now considerable collection of Sarah's work., most especially .... The Robin! :
    Enjoy!!! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful gifts by the amazing Sarah!
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  7. Extraordinary gifts! Enjoy them all, play to your heart's content! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is Christmas earlier this year??? *grin* Wow, you got the most wonderful bunch of amazing minatures, everything incredibly well made. You're right, it's hard to believe that the metal parts like the watering can are made out of card. And the robin is a tiny miracle for sure. Enjoy all your treasures... but what else could you do? ;O)

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, Sarah is absolutely a great miniaturist, I've always admire her miniature work :D! Her gifts to you are amazingly, delicate and very beautiful, enjoy all your treasures, Pepper! The robin is an amazing piece of work and it's so life-like!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful gifts, especially love the bird box and the suitcase. I know Sarah's blog, she is a very talent miniaturist. Hugs, Melli

    ReplyDelete
  11. Astounding work! Her blog is truly fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! She really is talented. Beautifil work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifu minis, and the shots make them look perfect! Its great to have a collection of goodies to place about your beautiful scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. uwahhhh such beautiful work! so nice to see your shed made even more inviting with these little touches of comfort and relaxation :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope that she will be in kensington again this year ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very beautiful minis! Gorgeous works of Art! You have a wonderful friend! :)
    Hugs
    Kikka

    ReplyDelete
  17. Every single thing is very well made and it couldn't look any more realistic than they are! Enjoy playing with them all. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhh love it, basically I'm playing with the shed right now :D especially love Rubin on the log and the pile of pots by the door. I love the photos and setups. Thanks again for the swap! I'll have to have a cup of tea (with my new Causeret tea pot) and biscuits scene soon, to celebrate Spring's arrival :D Last but not least, thanks for the lovely words, feel a bit shy now :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Pepper,
    What amazing items. They are so well done and so realistic...perfect for your projects, equally as impressive!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  20. How wonderful! Such amazing gifts, what fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. magnifiques cadeaux, le rouge-gorge est impressionnant

    ReplyDelete