Thank you all for the interest in my little giveaway. As promised, the names of all commentors who wanted to be entered were thrown into the hat...well actually a cereal bowl and one of my work colleagues drew out a name at random.
The winner of the Angie Scarr books is
Well done Melli of Iciri-Piciri blog. Please send me your address in an email, (link to the right of this post) and I'll get your prize sent out to you.
I think I wildly underestimated the amount of bricks I needed for this project. I bought an initial 400 bricks from Richard Stacey, followed swiftly by another 1000 when I realised just how big the main wall is. I'm not sure if I will render all of the walls with bricks yet. It's time taking and I'm concious of the weight it adds to the overall build.
This was a lucky mistake. I glued three bricks in place as a marker, without considering if the rest of the bricks would fit inbetween. Luckily they did...you live and learn
The edge of the bricks,(window edge) touch. I didn't use any exact science to get them evenly spaced, just eyed them until they looked okay.
I've left a space in the bricks to the right for a mezzanine floor. Not entirely sure if I will put one in but like I said, I change my mind a lot so I can always fill it in later if I need to. This is usually the point where I forget something. I need to think ahead - where the electrics need to be, laying the floor before or after siting a staircase. My mind hurts and I still have a couple of hundred bricks to go. Next time I hope to show you something more interesting than masonary.
Have a fab weekend