I had a whole day to myself yesterday.
Enough time to make a few simple items for the shed. It was great to get back to making miniatures after a long, long slog of a Summer.
Cable reels - cardboard discs with a 6mm hole cut in the middle, insert a 6mm diameter piece of aluminium tube through both discs and bend over the edge of the aluminium with a doming punch ------------------->
The 'cable' is actually component wire I've saved from a broken computer and dvd player.
More paint - the labels for these can be found HERE
Sandpaper - a 9mm strip from a yellow envelope, Ball of twine - is thread wrapped through and around a bead, Electricians tape - strip of tape wrapped around a slice of plastic tube, Masking tape -strip of masking tape wrapped around a slice of plastic tube.
I made a bracket to hold some of the Danny Shotton tools that I want to display. It is brass rod, soldered, then painted with primer and green car paint.
This is immediately after soldering - not very pretty.
This is with the tools in place inside the shed. I did have a wobbly moment when I had to drill a tiny hole in the handle of some of the tools so that I could hang them off the bracket. It worked without me splitting the handles *phew*
I'm going to attempt to cast, (for a third time), the bottles I cut on the lathe. Bubbles in the resin are causing a lot of problems..hmmm
Have a great weekend