Friday, 20 July 2012

Miniature talk

It's amazing who you bump into when you're out shopping. You're just wandering around, complaining about the price of butter and...




Yeah, Annina and her gorgeous daughter Alice.

=0D Actually, we had made a prior arrangement to meet up for a cuppa and a chat. Annina is visiting family in the area and we just had to take the opportunity for some mini talk.

It's always nice to meet someone in person, someone whose work you admire, someone with whom you share a common interest. It doesn't always follow, but you hope you can chat easily about other things too. I never have a problem talking to anyone. I'm one of those social types who can strike up a conversation with complete strangers in a shopping queue and yet I felt quite nervous about meeting her. She thought this was hilarious and played her miniature super stardom down graciously. =0) But seriously, it's probably the best thing about any hobby. Meeting other fan's and them understanding exactly what you're talking about. Annina brought me one of her beautiful and widely coveted  embroidered cushions. You can't help contemplate the inordinate amount of skill and time that goes into one of these.

So fan-girly moment apart, I had a great time. I hope over the next months and years that I can connect with other miniature fans too. Maybe arrange a meet-up somewhere between here and the rest of the world. The invention of a teleporter would be great right now =0D (since I'm not a great fan of flying).

I  bought a couple of books from the Laing today so I think I'll have a (rare), quiet night and take in some inspiration.

Chat soon,

Pepper =0)













17 comments:

  1. Aw man! Wish I could have been there to meet you guys. I love seeing all the smiley faces. And Alice is a cutie! I am always nervous to meet people but love it just the same. Yes, we have to find a way to make an affordable modern mini meet up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we said the exact same thing. We have to have a get together *nods emphatically*

      Delete
  2. So wonderful to see two wonderful miniature artists! Such a beautiful baby Annina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You couldn't help melt at Alice when when she gave you a gummy smile. Too cute for words

      Delete
  3. What fun! I wanna come too! Alice is a beauty.

    Babies! The best minnies ever. Hey what is the plural of mini? Minnis? Cheers! CM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really wished you were there too =0/

      Delete
  4. What a lovely photo! It looks like you're having a great time together. How fun! Enjoy your quiet night taking in inspiration--yum! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so nice to see you both. I'm sure you had a good time together. You know what? I met Pubdoll last week. It was a very spontaneous decision, she was in Germany for a few days with her family for vacation. We bought a lot of ministuff in Mainz, I town I never visited before.
    When she's back I will ask her for the permission to publish the fotos I took.
    Such a coincident that this meetings are nearly at the same time. Yes, it would be nice to meet you all, but perhaps too much to speak with all this wonderful days on one afternoon or evenin or day.
    So please go on making such wonderful miniatures (for the dolls house or alive)
    Best wishes from me
    Petra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. I miss Pubdoll. Hope you two had fun.

      Wouldn't it be great to have a solid week of mini making and mini talk? My idea of pure bliss!

      Delete
  6. not with all these wonderful days,
    but wonderful people...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for a wonderful chat. I feel really inspired and can't wait to meet more modern miniaturists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw man, I was really chuffed to meet you. You know I'm up for a mini gathering anytime =0)

      Delete
  8. Well it looks like you two have been friends for years. I'm glad to hear you had a great time, you look very happy!

    Fi xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Fi =0)
      Annina is a pretty cool and funny lady to chat with. It was a good day =0)

      Delete