Sunday, 18 March 2012

Miniatura 2012

I don't know if it's a culmination of doing five laps of the exhibition centre whilst being pushed/shoved/trampled on by a few of the Miniatura visitors or if I'm coming down with a virus, but every muscle in my body aches today. I consider myself patient and well mannered. But after being 'shinned' by the well aimed heel of a quarter back posing as a 'lady', even I decided to manoeuvre around the hall with the determination of a military strategist. I intend to don American Footballer pads in future =0/

So, bruising aside, I returned home with a fair amount of new additions to my collection.



An over the bath shower rail and shower set (I don't know where I will use these yet), but they are so well made. You can buy them from Lili-Anne Miniatures



More items to add to my Danny Shotton collection. Danny still doesn't have a web site so If you want his contact details just drop me an email.
Apart from that I bought a tonne of wood that should keep me in supplies til autumn.

I was pleased to see familiar faces. A little disappointed to find the same, unbalanced ratio of traditional to modern sellers but on the whole it was a good weekend. One of the highlights was meeting Leanne from The contemporary home in miniature. You may have read about her in various miniature magazines and through the 'heads up' over at Mini Modern. Her designs are truly inspiring. Clean lines, innovative use of space and built to the highest standard. Leanne was kind enough to let me take some pics



I love that there is access to all areas of her houses. The whole roof above the kitchen lifts off so that you have an unhindered view. I was also happy to see that Leanne has started a range of modern furniture and accessories.


Cheers Leanne, it was great to meet you.

Since my preferred style is contemporary and modern you may be surprised to find me singing the praises of Hearth and Home Miniatures However their are certain things that simply transcend changing fashions and sit well in both modern and traditional scenes.

Roll top bath in contemporary setting

Aga stove in a modern kitchen






































 
Hearth and Home make, amongst other things, beautiful Aga stoves and roll top baths to exceptionally high standards.



 If you haven't already, visit their site via the link to see more of their beautiful handcrafted items.

Another of my favourite haunts at Miniatura is The Miniature Garden


Georgie always has a beautifully arranged display of her mini plants at the shows. Take a look at her blog via the link to see all of the amazing kits she has available. I bought a dozen kits...the Japanese Maple being one of my all time favourites...and a few extras to put into a giveaway (stay tuned for that)

I love how Delph Miniatures always have their products displayed so you get an idea of how you could use the miniatures in a scene. I have to say though (sorry Delph) but some of your items are just too darn expensive. Okay, you're filling a niche in the market but still....


I tried for a second year running to take a photo of the Elf Miniatures stand without a hoard of people around it. No luck again...

I've said this before but I'll say it again, if you get the chance to visit one of these miniature fairs, get yourself along for a great day out. The stall holders are always happy to chat and you'll be amazed at the quality of work out there. If you're a modern miniature maker, please set up a stall and help to address the imbalance.

JOIN THE REVOLUTION!

Pepper =0)

18 comments:

  1. You must have had a wonderful time! I love the shower setup especially. Great finds all around, though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time!! I thought the modern houses were good too, but couldn't get close enough for a good look, as it was a bit crowded there!! Thaks for showing the pics so I can see it in more detail! I bought a wysteria kit from the Miniature Garden Centre recently, haven't been brave enough to start it yet though!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andy we are sorry you weren't able to get a good look at the Contemporary Home in Miniature's designs. Leanne was surprised at the level of interest she received. If you would like to see more photos, you can log on to our website www.thecontemporaryhomeinminiature.co.uk or visit us on Facebook - just search for the company name.

      Delete
  3. I wasnt able to go to miniatura this time but I am hoping to go in September. Looks like you enjoyed yourself. You bought some lovely items and it was great to see your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THe report is so tempting! I've got to plan a trip to the UK in time for this fair!
    Neomi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic fair. I like modern items.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mitchy Moo

    Leanne was very pleased to meet you at the Miniatura Show at the weekend. She was delighted you liked her designs and the new range of furniture and accessories. Thank you so much for your lovely comments about The Contemporary Home in Miniature - it is very encouraging to learn that other people like the innovative designs too. Wishing you much success in the future.

    The team at The Contemporary Home in Miniature

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so jealous that I never been in a miniature fair. This is gona be the first thing if a fly abroad .

    ReplyDelete
  8. O`my what a fair... Thank you for sharing the photos! Everything looks so gorgeous beautiful and Lovely!
    Hugs
    Kikka

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello!
    I've just stumbled across your blog via The Contemporary Home link page. Lovely lovely!
    Can relate to your shinning experience! Was my first trip to the show, had such a great time, met some great people and marvelled at fab minis but things definitely got a little intense as we reached the afternoon!! Worth it though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm IN! wakawakawaka~!

    i was so tempted to participate in your giveaway, even had a whole nonsensical rambling comment typed out, but i think i've got far more valuable items in my collection from you ;)

    beauuuutiful items those. *sighs wistfully and a little envious-if-not-jealous-ly*

    hee hee thanks for the tour! AHHHHH i want everyythingggg *SULKS*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Como me gusta, a mi el estilo moderno es lo que más me gusta.
    Me impresiona que todo sea tan real y tan habitable.
    Felicidades.
    Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. o wow that looks great!!!! you got very beautyfull items!!!
    i like to particiate the give away

    greetings Petra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing the photos of Miniatura:) I often get elbowed when I go to these shows !!! Just came across your blog and love it - glad it's modern :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those miniature shows are quite brutal, man. I wish I could have tagged along with you. I'm going to check out Hearth and Home...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bonjour,
    Je ne sais pas trop où mettre mon commentaire!!Je suis ravie de la visite de votre blog. De magnifiques choses à découvrir. Je reviendrai...Félicitations
    Dominique

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wasn't going to say it, but I am a tiny person, and I got pushed out of the way of every stall :D Absolute frenzy it was! It was like those scenes you see of orientals at Harrods on Boxing day, BUT WORSE because everything is in miniature so there is even more of it :D Well worth it for Danny Shotton and Colin Birds wonderful one man stalls. I enjoyed the way Danny Shotton lifted everything with tweezers :D He was talking to my dad for quite some time about non miniature stuff, including his renovation of an old Irish cottage!

    Really enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I always take Hubby with me to these fairs. He's chunky and tall so he acts as a blocker so I don't get trampled to death =0)

      Delete